Outcome: RID certified interpreters will be recognized as demonstrating a qualified level of linguistic and cultural competency for professional interpreting services.
1. Implement certification industry best practices and standards for RID credential programs.
2. Develop rigorous standards and deliver relevant, reliable and valid examinations for all credentials.
3. Strengthen the Ethical Practices System efficiency and consistency in its enforcement of the NAD-RID Code of Professional Conduct.
Outcome: RID will be a model for effective communication and interaction, demonstrating ideals of inclusivity among all members, levels and partnerships in way that builds trust by informing and engaging members in the ongoing efforts to achieve excellence in linguistically and culturally diverse interpreting services.
1. Reinforce our commitment to diversity and intercultural competence by furthering initiatives that foster a culturally and linguistically diverse profession that supports the provision of services to individuals from all backgrounds.
2. Proactively advocate for excellence in interpreting at the federal and state levels through a three-pronged approach that includes representation, collaboration and communication.
3. Communicate the association’s activities and initiatives to RID members and stakeholders through timely, frequent, high-quality, consistent, and accessible communication.
Outcome: RID will be a sustainable, credible organization that operates with professionalism, transparency, and ethical rigor reflecting its full commitment to the diverse communities we serve.
1. Foster the development of volunteer leaders at the affiliate chapter and national level through member participation and collaboration in the organization’s activities.
2. Provide an efficient and effective infrastructure with a strong technological foundation that supports members, volunteers, leaders, and staff.
3. Nurture partnerships with organizations and coalitions with mutual interests that further RID’s mission.