Executive Board Nominations Process
Nominations are closed at this time
January 1 – April 1: Nominations accepted, sent to RID Headquarters
May 1 – June 1: Online elections held, for any and all contested positions
August: Board members sworn into office during the RID National Conference
The Registry of Interpreters for the Deaf, Inc. (RID) and the RID Nominations Committee, in compliance with the RID Bylaws, Article IV, issues a call for nominations for the executive board officers of the association.
For position descriptions and other nomination information please click here.
Term of Office: Two year period beginning at the conclusion of the RID National Conference and concluding at the end of the following RID National Conference.
Qualifications for Office: With the exception of the member-at-large position, all members of the RID Board of Directors must be certified members in good standing for at least four (4) consecutive years immediately prior to candidacy. The member-at-large must be a certified and/or associate member in good standing for at least four (4) consecutive years immediately prior to candidacy.
General Nomination Information for the RID Board of Directors
- An individual must be nominated for office. RID encourages members to nominate those they feel are best qualified to lead the association.
- Any voting member in good standing may nominate candidates for office.
- Candidates must receive nomination signatures from at least 25 voting members in good standing.
- Nominations for the executive board must include at least one member in good standing from each of the five regions.
- When more than one person is nominated for a position, an election will be held
Nominations Deadline: To be posted when executive board nominations are open.
When submitting a nominations package, please include all necessary and required documentation. Partial or incomplete nominations will not be accepted. You can submit a completed nominations package via email, mail or fax to:
Registry of Interpreters for the Deaf
333 Commerce Street
Alexandria, VA 22314