The Bylaws Committee advises the RID Board of Directors with respect to the organization’s governing documents.
Reports to: Board of Directors
Frequency of Reports: Monthly
Cumulative report: March 2019, March 2021
For the term 2017-2021, the Bylaws Committee members are charged to complete the following tasks:
- Reviews the bylaws periodically to ensure that they are up-to-date and compliant with current laws and Robert’s Rules of Order.
- When the need arises, propose amendments to the bylaws that reflect changes or nuances that the board identifies.
- Serve as the national Motions and Resolutions Committee throughout the term and during the biennial conference.
- Throughout the term and during national conference, the Bylaws Committee will collect and review all member motions and conference motions to ensure they are not in conflict with the RID Bylaws or organizational procedures.
- To assist the Chair of the Business Meeting in directing members who are commenting on motions to stand / sit in appropriate places.
- To assist members throughout the term and during the Business Meeting to formulate complete motions in writing prior to posing the motion.
- Act as a resource to HQ and Affiliate Chapters in the development or revisions to the Affiliate Chapter bylaws and standing rules, and in maintaining compliance with the RID national bylaws.