Some, but not all, of the activities for which CEUs will not be awarded include:
- Board/Committee activities
- Meetings of the association
- Professional service delivery, such as interpreting
- Lunch, dinner, socials, or entertainment not tied to educational programming
- Activities that are a part of one’s employment, company education programs or routine employment responsibilities learning proprietary processes not open to individuals outside the company.
NOTE: The PDC recognizes that aspects of these activities may provide valuable learning opportunities. An Independent Study may be designed to identify the specific learning objectives to be accomplished by virtue of those opportunities (e.g., while it would not be appropriate to earn CEUs for serving on a board, one might design an Independent Study that identifies specific lessons learned as a board member).