President Melvin Walker: Hello! We are here at RID headquarters for the face-to-face Board of Directors’ meeting this week. Yesterday was the first day of the meeting and we started by discussing the CEO interviews and search process. We want to thank the membership for your feedback on the candidates, which we will include in our considerations as we move forward with the CEO decision in the coming weeks.
Yesterday afternoon we also took a comprehensive look at where RID is as an organization and discussed the outcomes of the Strategic Planning that was held during the 2017 Leadership conference. We have incorporated your thoughts and ideas as to how RID needs to operate going forward.
Vice President Sandra Maloney: We are really excited to discuss the 2019 national conference, and we look forward to it! The board was able to brainstorm collaboratively with headquarters to develop ideas and an overall vision of what the conference will look like. More information on that will go out to the membership soon.
Lastly, we have exciting news related to our long-standing project of the updating the PPM – Policy and Procedures Manual. The old version really needed to be updated with new information, and some which does not apply to our business anymore needed to be edited out, or modified. The PPM is closely tied to our work as a Board and as an organization. That document will be finished soon and ready to post on the RID website, so you can look forward to that information as well.
President Melvin Walker: We look forward to more work today, tomorrow, and Sunday morning and are so grateful for your support.
The 2017-2019 Board will open a special election to fill the vacant positions of Treasurer and Region III Representative. The Treasurer will serve a one (1) year term 2018-2019. The Region III Representative will serve a two (2) year term 2018-2020. The following outlines the timeline and procedures for special elections based on RID’s Policies and Procedures Manual.
For information regarding qualifications for offices please see Bylaws Article 4 (Directors), Section 4 (Qualifications). Information regarding the number of signatures required to complete a candidates nomination can be found in the Bylaws Article 4 (Directors), Section 6 (Nominations and Elections).
Nominations will begin May 1, 2018. The Nominations period continues for one (1) month, closing on May 31, 2018.
Completed nominations packets shall be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Nomination forms can be found on www.rid.org.
- Nomination forms are to be sent when completed with 25 signatures. Multiple forms can be used, all must be submitted at one time.
- In the event that one nomination, meeting all requirements, is received, the announcement of the candidate will occur no later than June 15, 2018. The announcement will be sent to members via email.
- The candidate is elected into office with one vote by President Walker.
- The newly elected officer will be officially sworn in at the August meeting.
- In the event that more than one nomination, meeting all requirements, is received, the announcement of candidates and elections process will occur no later than June 15, 2018. The announcement will be sent to members via email.
- Contested election voting will begin no later than June 15, 2018 and be completed on June 30, 2018 (11:59pm EST).
- Results of the election will be announced no later than July 10, 2018.
- The newly elected officer will be officially sworn in at the August 2018 meeting.