POSITION: Testing Manager
CLASSIFICATION: Manager Level, Full‐time, Salaried, Exempt
REPORTS TO: CASLI Managing Board
JOB DESCRIPTION APPROVED: June 2016
SUMMARY: The Testing Manager manages the exam development, maintenance and administration of the CASLI exams. The manager supervises the exam application and registration processes and ensures that all requirements are met; resolving candidate problems or special issues and establishing timelines to respond appropriately; working with the CASLI testing service provider to resolve candidate problems and special issues; fulfilling requests for information; providing meeting planning support for test revision, test development and other committees; providing stellar support and customer service to candidates, and all other stakeholders; and assisting in implementing new policies and procedures as outlined by the CASLI Managing Board.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Test Development and Administration:
- Manages the Testing Specialist and the day to day test development and administrative functions of CASLI.
- Manages aspects of exam development to include the Job Task Analysis (JTA), working with the test development vendor(s), committee(s) and subject matter experts.
- Develops Communications Plans for disseminating information related to test development and maintenance of exams.
- Manages the Testing Programs including the candidate applications and related fees/invoices. Sends and receive all test materials to/from site/Test Administrator (TA) to include written and performance exams.
- Monitors compliance with approved budget for CASLI.
- Requests budget modification and seeks budget approval through the CASLI Managing Board.
- Contributes to budget planning.
- Works with the Finance Department for vendor solicitation.
- Works with the CASLI Managing Board for vendor contract development and approval.
- Implements policies and procedures as approved by the CASLI Managing Board.
- Processes invoices for payments to vendors, raters, TAs, and others as identified in a timely manner.
- Communicates with site coordinators/TAs to ensure proper procedures of administering tests. Develops and sends bi‐monthly email newsletters to TAs.
- Recommends policies and procedures to maximize quality and efficiency.
- Ensures smooth and effectively functioning processes related to examination programs.
- Works with RID testing service provider to identify and resolve candidate issues.
- Assists candidates and other stakeholders by responding to queries and correspondence in a timely manner.
- Prepares materials for the CASLI web site, www.casli.org, and ensures that materials on the web site are accurate and up‐to‐date.
- Develops department policies and manuals.
- Runs database reports as requested by the CASLI Managing Board.
- Drafts and disseminate information and communications.
- Functioning as a staff support to working committees of CASLI, assists with arrangements for volunteer meetings including logistics, meeting materials, etc.
- Consistently employs measures to keep test materials and candidate identity confidential and secure.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors degree or higher.
- Experience in testing or exam development and implementation.
- ASL and written English fluency strongly preferred.
- Experience with database programs.
- Proven diplomacy skills and commitment to customer service.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and meet strict deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability work in a team‐based environment.
- Ability to manage projects with autonomy.
- Able to take direction, prioritize, and meet strict deadlines.
- Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail, accuracy and confidentiality.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Google products.
- Ability to interact effectively and employ sensitivity, tact and diplomacy with staff, members of the board of directors, managing board, committee(s), stakeholders, volunteers, candidates and visitors.
If you are interested, send a cover letter and resume to Tina Maggio, Sr. Director of Programs and Services, at email@example.com. Applications accepted until July 1st, 2016.
The Registry of Interpreters for the Deaf, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.