Volunteer Positions Available with RID: Help us work toward our strategic goals and priorities!
Have you ever thought about how you could get more involved with RID? Have you ever wondered how decisions are made or questioned the overall process of RID decision-making? Do you want to have a positive impact on your professional organization and the future relevance of RID? Do you want to be involved at the decision-making level? If so, we are looking for you.
The Board is working diligently on the governance structure to assure we have the expertise and skills in place to move us forward in addressing our systems and defining our future relevance to the profession. Volunteer groups of RID are a huge part of this governance structure in our work toward the mission and vision of RID. The time for involvement is now. Please consider sharing your time, expertise and enthusiasm with your RID colleagues. Also, please consider encouraging your colleagues. Serving on an RID volunteer group is one way in which we can engage diversity in thought and practice. We can’t do it without your involvement.
We have a number of volunteer leadership opportunities available. We hope that you take the time to consider how your passion can impact the work we have before us as an organization.
The RID Board of Directors has worked with consultant Heather Harker to develop a governance structure that allows RID to successfully complete tasks. You will notice that there are some committees that are being moved under the Board, some being set for the open call, and some with continued development prior to being filled.
Volunteer Positions Available for the Following Groups (click on the link to access their scope of work for 2015-2017):
- Council of Elders
- Deaf Advisory Council
- Diversity Council
- Ethics Committee
- Professional Development Committee
Other Volunteer Groups Not Currently Open:
- Board sub-committees:
- Finance Committee (Executive Board members)
- Affiliate Chapter Leadership Development Committee (Board Region Representatives)
- Governance (Two Board member, one member from each Board Council)
- NAD-RID Joint Committees and Task Forces:
- Certification Committee
- Code of Professional Conduct Review Task Force
- Agency Accreditation Task Force
- Audit Committee
- Filled (Three RID members, RID Treasurer, One External Member, Audit Firm)
Information for Applicants:
In an effort to be transparent, the RID Board of Directors will be posting a list of all applicants for each volunteer group as well as those who were selected and appointed to serve.
To assure you can meet the demands of the volunteer position, please review the Volunteer Leadership Manual and the scope of work for your selected volunteer group(s) before submitting your application.
Required Submission Materials:
- Complete the online application, including the RID region where you currently reside, at:
- Upload resume
- Upload ASL and English statement related to your vision for serving RID
- October 8, 2015: Deadline for applicants with all required materials to firstname.lastname@example.org
- October 18, 2015: Monthly RID Board of Directors meeting in which the Board will make final selections for volunteer appointments.
- November 1, 2015: RID Councils and Committees will be in place. Volunteer appointments will be shared with the members the first week of November.
- November 1- December 31, 2015: Transition from volunteers (2013-2015) to newly appointed members (2015-2017).