UPDATE 2013-2015 Term:
January 7, 2014: CALL FOR VOLUNTEER LEADERS
The RID Board of Directors issues a call for volunteer leaders to serve on the following committees:
- Nominations and Elections
- Leadership Document Review
- Code of Professional Conduct Review
Applications will be accepted until January 15, 2014. Please submit an application, resume, and letter of interest to email@example.com.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR SERVING ON COMMITTEES
- Be a voting member in good standing (member of an affiliate chapter and a certified or associate member)
- Be willing to attend conference calls and face-to-face meetings each year
- Commit to attend the biennial national conference and pre-conference meetings of the Council
- Work cooperatively with other Committee members and liaisons
- Be accessible to staff at RID Headquarters, the Board of Directors, and the Committee chair
- Have e-mail access and respond in a timely manner as the bulk of work is done via e-mail
- Be willing to commit to serving a full two-year term
LETTER OF INTEREST
Please submit a letter of interest in ASL or English, including this information:
- Select your preferred committee and one alternate.
- How are you qualified to perform the roles and responsibilities of the committee? Include examples of your training and experience. What special talents or abilities will you bring to this volunteer opportunity? How is your personality suited for the task?
- How would your contributions support the RID Mission, Vision, and Diversity Statement?
- If you are interested in serving as chair of the committee, please describe why you want to be considered.
VOLUNTEER LEADER APPLICATION>>
December 16, 2013:
Call for 2013-2015 Councils: Message from RID President Dawn Whitcher